Friday June 13, 2014 5:00-5:15 PM
Welcome & Prayer – by Rev. Dugger
- Overview and expectations
- Address supporters and volunteers
Opening Session – Dr. Stewart 5:15-6:15 PM
Testimonial – by Dr. Stewart
– The Minister’s Call Eph. 4:7, 12
– You must fill your cup according to the gift of God…you are striving for perfection. No matter how small or large your cup is you must fill it.
Your Ingenuity & Ambition must be God driven… Christ Centered:
- Don’t be disguised, “Align Yourself for Jesus”
- This is the core of the Christian conscience in serving God!
- It will determine whether you recognize God’s will
- If you will obey God’s will
- And how you will come to Jesus if you come at all
Did God say it…?
- Power comes from God!
- Where he leads me I will follow
Matthew 24:11-13; Luke 6:46-49
- A lack of passion and appreciation from those who preach the gospel can possibly cause others to be moved from God’s intended purpose to man’s desires propagated by worldly ambition.
- Everyone will not always understand your message from God and you might be called a trouble maker as Jeremiah, Daniel, Elisha, but that’s part of the ministry.
- Come on down the price is right…who has entered the ministry for all the wrong reasons!
Break – 6:15-6:30 PM
Breakout Sessions Summary
|Friday Break Out Sessions|
|1a||Rev. Phillip Appling||The Call||Fri6:30 PM & 7:45 PM||Module 106|
|1b||Dr. Douglas Stewart||Salvation||Fri6:30 PM & 7:45 PM||Module 107|
|2a||Rev. Stephen Crabtree||Alignment for Jesus||Fri6:30 PM & 7:45 PM||Gym Floor|
|2b||Pastor Debra Hanna||I am Made a Minister||Fri6:30 PM & 7:45 PM||Module 108|
|Saturday Break Out Sessions|
|3a||Minister Maurice Jackson||Responding to God – by Prayer, Preparation & Oneness||Sat8:45 AM||Classroom 353|
|3b||Pastor Debra Hanna||Responding to God – by Practicality and in Perseverance||Sat8:45 AM||Classroom 355|
|3c||Minister Wanda Jones||Responding to God – As a Family in Both Good and Hard Times||Sat8:45 AM||Classroom 357|
|3d||Pastor Dave Resinger||Ministers – Perfecting the Gift||Sat8:45 AM||Commons|
|4a||Minister Maurice Jackson||Responding to God – by Prayer, Preparation & Oneness||Sat10:15 AM||Classroom 353|
|4b||Pastor Debra Hanna||Responding to God – by Practicality and in Perseverance||Sat10:15 AM||Classroom 355|
|4c||Minister Wanda Jones||Responding to God – As a Family in Both Good and Hard Times||Sat10:15 AM||Classroom 357|
|4d||Pastor Dave Resinger||Ministers – Perfecting the Gift||Sat10:15 AM||Commons|
|5a||Rev. Floyd Dugger||Cultural Problems – Affecting the Family||Sat1 PM||Classroom 353|
|5b||Rev. Phillip Appling||Cultural Problems – Affecting the Assembly||Sat1 PM||Commons|
|5c||Rev.’s Curtis Bennett Roderick||Family – Institution of Oneness||Sat1 PM||Classroom355|
|6||Rev.’s Dugger & Crabtree, Jim & Pam Ludlow, Joe and Laura Devine||Family Ministries 2014||Sat2:15 PM||Commons|
*1a Breakout Sessions –The Call
6:30 – 7:30 PM & 7:45 – 8:45 PM
Ref: 2 Timothy 1: 9-11
The call from God into ministry is a high and heavenly calling. Unfortunately, it is taken lightly by some ministers today. Believers must determine the will of God for their life and ministry; therefore without hesitation they must follow God’s will. God’s call on the life of Samuel, Abraham, Jacob, Jeremiah and Paul, is the same as his call upon the Minister of Christ today and in the vocations of today. God calls His ministers to; fellowship in Christ, Holiness, liberty, peace, virtue and to walk worthy of your calling.
To do less is to reject God and His calling upon your life!
GROUP LEADER: Rev. Phillip Appling
Did God Say it? Is there a Call from the Lord?
Aptitude, Calling, Inclination, Talent, Ability
Samuel answered, “Here am I” I Sam 3:4-9; Abraham answered, “Here am I” Gen 22:11
Jacob answered, “Here am I” Gen. 31:11, 46:2; Jeremiah the Prophet, Jer. 1:5
The Disciples Dilemma, John 21:13-17; Paul’s declaration, Rom. 1:1-7
(other: 1 Sam. 3:4-9, Gen. 22:11, 31:11, 46:2, Jer. 1:5, John 21:13-17, Rom 1-7)
With so few Christian workers in Christian Ministry professing to be called of God, why are there so many among these leaders unsettled in their faith and hope? What can be done to cause the minister’s ministry to abound, be steadfast and unmovable.
*1b Breakout Sessions –Salvation
6:30-7:30 PM & 7:45-8:45 PM
Ref: Col. 1:9-12, 2 Cor. 4:1-3; I Cor., Gen. 17:1
The Minister’s Salvation & Walk must be impeccable! The minister’s salvation and walk is transparent, tangible, and proven. Wherefore the minister must endure to the end with the testimony of Jesus Christ.
GROUP LEADER: Dr. Douglas Stewart
Did God Say it?
Redemption, Deliverance, Abounding
How can ministers be transparent, tangible, and proven? Does these three elements apply to man and how do they apply to God?
*2a Breakout Sessions –Alignment for Jesus
6:30-7:30 PM & 7:45-8:45 PM
Ref: Eph. 4:7, 2 Cor. 6:3-10; Dan. 1:8, Job 2:9
GROUP LEADER: Rev. Stephen Crabtree ATTENDANTS:
Your Primary Mission Field = Yourself!
Are you absolutely sure that you are correctly aligned? The Minister’s position is the Alignment for – and with – God. It is a very personal and deliberate approach to serve (please) God.
How do purpose, integrity, and faith apply to the minister of God? What happens when your total focus is upon Alignment Zone #3 and you forget about #2, or #1?
Alignment Zone #1 – 1st priority – God and You
- What is your positional integrity and ambition to serving God?
- What are your spiritual habits? Daniel – a man of purpose: (Daniel 1:8) Resolved, Perseverance, and Drive
- Jesus said: “…no man, having set his hand to the plow and looking back…”
Alignment Zone #2 – 2nd priority – Your ‘House’
- Job was a man of integrity: (Job 2:9) Uprightness, Honor, Reliability, and Authenticity
- Noah was a man of faith: (Genesis 6:8; I Peter 3:20) Found grace in eyes of God
Alignment Zone #3 – 3rd priority – Your ‘Sheep’
- Understanding your ministry field – is it a building, or your ‘circle’ of influence
- Lessons from Peter (Mark 6:45 NKJV)
- Are your own efforts working for you?
- If not, what’s the solution?
*2b Breakout Sessions –I am Made a Minister
6:30-7:30 PM & 7:45-8:45 PM
Ref: Mark 16:15
Ministers preach to advance the kingdom of God, to fulfil the word of God and bring men to perfection in Christ Jesus! God chose the foolishness of preaching for the saving of souls. Therefore for the people to hear the gospel the preacher must be sent to them from God.
GROUP LEADER: Pastor Debra Hanna
What account does Paul give for his labor and stewardship to the Colossians?
What is the mystery Paul declares that have been hidden?