Slide #4 The Help Meet
- Help meet – A Helper in all things,
- A helping counter part
- It takes a lot of effort to do for your spouse when you have other things on your mind, you are tired, just don’t feel like cooking, cleaning, visiting, etc
Slide #5 Defining Selflessness
- Man by nature has a since of independence.
- However, Adam could not have fulfilled the commandment of God without the help of the woman. God created a unity in Adam and Eve to fulfill dominion.
- The family is as the Church it takes the husband and the wife working to have dominion in the family; jobs, children, fixing things, running errands, school, cooking, cleaning, sharing, working in the yard, praying, etc.
- Selflessness matters when both spouse will willingly do things for the other because
– the wife know that her husband would do it for her if she asked him to… (Is this a good thing or not? Explain.)
– likewise the husband would do it for his wife if she asked because he know she would do it for him… (Is this a good thing or not? Explain.)
Slide #6 What holds a couple together
(What are your thoughts?)
- Companionship, a great reward having two being with each other.
- Lift each other up.
- Keep each other warm.
- Stand together in times of troubles.
- Love of Children.
- Passionate love for each other.