Here are a few notes to get started. See Marital Commitment linked below.
- Do we truly understand the commitment of Marriage?
- Commitment to one another give birth to resolve.
- The very first time the word “commit” is used in the Bible is from Exodus 20:14, thou shalt not commit adultery.
- The word “Commitment” is used here because it is anticipatory actions spurned from the heart of man.
- It is a deliberate intent of the heart. (It is not about one thing lead to another.)
- Commitment is made with a clear conscious and its from the heart.
Slide #4 Fill in the blanks
What does it mean to you to be committed?
- What does it mean to be committed in a marriage?
- Consider, Selflessness, lets do what it takes to resolve and have a happy, successful marriage.
- What does it mean to be committed to God? Here am I.
- Commitment is a means of closing the loop on problems that are wanting and causing pain.
Slide #7 Defining key words of Commitment
- Faithfulness must be established within you – Deut. 7:9; Ps. 89:2
- Allegiance – the duty that is required in a marriage – (in other session we talk about the help meet) Exodus 21:10;
- Steadfastness – having confident in your spouse, when you are not with your spouse he/she will be unchanging Col. 2:5
- Accountable – Responsible and Dependable; to be held to an achievable standard – Luke 16:2; Rom. 14:12
- Fidelity is the conformity, to confided in one another in most all things (don’t try to cover up things you know in your heart you should be sharing with your spouse) responsible
Slide #8 What’s in a Vow
Slide #10 How should I hang out with my spouse?