The Hour of Temptation
• The seven churches of God in Asia represent all the churches of God in the earth.
• The Tribulation period is broken down into seven years.
• Jesus equates these seven years into one hour. This is a time and period that the entire earth will be overwhelmed and engulfed in chaos.
• God has an appointed time for the Rapture and Tribulation. He has a number that no one knows but Him. The number of souls saved will be as the sand of the sea.
• The rapture in imminent and will be proceeded by the “hour of Temptation”, which is the “Great Tribulation” upon all the earth.
The word “patience” and phrase “the word of my patience” has the message of endurance.
One must learn to persevere through harsh conditions and weariness, being fatigued of their journey.
Jesus reiterates the thought of patience to The Church in Thyatira, saying, “I know thy works, and charity, and service, and faith, and thy patience, and thy works; and the last to be more than the first” (Revelation 2:19).
In this conclusion to Thyatira it become clear that this church has what it takes to endure and to overcome things that are stumbling blocks before her.
Patience looks for the finish line, it looks for a polished and complete work. An artist can do quick sketches but their best work of art may take hours and days to complete before they consider putting it on the market to the highest bidder.
Patience help gets our salvation to the summit (perfection) as we hunger and thirst for righteousness. Now, the only thing that we must make complete and sure of in this life is our salvation. It takes patience to finish this journey. Living for Jesus as the world is today and raising a family likewise will take patience. You might ask, “what does the finish product of patience look like?”
1. You learn patience…
2. Through experience
3. By hungering for righteousness
4. Living the truth
5. Making Jesus Christ the utmost priority in your life toward salvation
6. Learning to complete and polish your works of faith
7. Learning to make full proof of your ministry
8. Loving people enough to be concerned
9. Loving family and God’s purpose for the family
10. Being content with God’s way, word, and works
The loyal church in Philadelphia also had patience that could unlock doors. There are numerous other things that can be added because patience will lead to judgment.
THE WORD OF MY PATIENCE
And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you. For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many. And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet. For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places. All these are the beginning of sorrows” (Matthew 24:4-8).
“And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory” (Matthew 24:30).
“Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come” (Matthew 24:42).
“Therefore be ye also ready: for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh” (Matthew 24:44).
“The Word of My Patience” is a expressed image of staying true to God.
“Because thou hast kept the word of my patience, I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth” (Revelation 3:10).
Regardless of were every individual stands or position one may take on “global warming” and “Climate Change”, there are greater things to worry about such as salvation. The only thing that can prolong the Tribulation Period and the end of the world is calling the world to repentance and living godly in Jesus Christ.
Men will continue to grow weary as the scripture in Matthew 24 continues to propagate. There are other philosophical rational to come. We have went from global warming to climate change. Expect this moment to evolved several more times to different terminology. However, God has chosen to destroy the world through judgment. Man does not get to choose their own punishment nor avoid God’s wrath.
Is your Patience at work!!!
- Each church had the message propagated down to the individual…, i.e. “to him that overcome”
- Each church had a special message
- Each church was uncovered with the words, “I know your works”
- “Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is. If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward. If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire” (1 Corinthians 3:13-15).
- All seven churches given the message, “He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches”
- Every individual Christian has two concluding thoughts: 1) Ears to hear what the Spirit says to the Church. 2) Overcoming, they must all conqueror.# #